[MPlayer-users] pan from stereo to surround 5.1

Damjan Lango damjan_lango at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 21:42:16 CEST 2003

Hi,

I would like to send a stereo audio to 5.1 surround in
this way:
front left <- left
rear left <- left
center <- 0.5 left + 0.5 right
front right <- right
rear right <- right
subwoofer <- lowpass filter of (left+right)

I tried playing with the pan filter but I don't seem
to make it to work, the documentation in sound.html,
chapter 2.3.2.3.7 is not very explanatory and the
examples are strange too. Can somebody write the pan
filter options for a setup like the above?

I have a SB Live and if I let the card route the
stereo signal then I get nothing in the front speaker
so that's why I am bothering with this.

ciao,
Damjan