[MPlayer-users] Re: Encoding several languages (from a DVD)

Rémi Guyomarch rguyom at pobox.com
Sat Apr 5 13:59:48 CEST 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 01:19:02PM +0200, Clemens Wächter wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 02:14:14 +0900
> Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin at ThinRope.net> wrote:
>
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > DOCS/bugreports.html] Hi all!
> >
> > I was trying to encode DVDs lately, but I want to keep several
> > languages. I guess there is a way to put two audio streams in a single
> > avi (or ogg?), but I am not so interested in that.
>
> Well but I think thats the best solution. I am encoding that way
> lately. Should work for windows users, too.

And it works, but for this I would largely prefer the .ogm container
format, as Windows support of muli-language videos is way better,
simpler and more stable with the OggDS filters than with AVI and
Morgan StreamSwitcher.

Switching audio streams with OggDS is simple as one right-click and
one left click. I think you can educate your users to do that.

--
Rémi