[MPlayer-users] Animatrix and -delay workaround

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Apr 7 21:54:57 CEST 2003

Clemens Wächter wrote:
> Well I fear you can't play it without trickery. Instead of working
> around the problem I decided to fix it once for all. The Problem
> ist the .mov format and the fix is the avi/ogm format ;-)
> I will post my way to fix it, it may not be the best but it works
> quite well imho.
>
> First, I fix the audio. As gabor said, you need faad for this:
>
> mencoder -ovc frameno -oac pcm -aid 2 -o framenointro.avi detect_640_dl.mov
> mencoder -ovc frameno -oac pcm -aid 1 -o framenomain.avi detect_640_dl.mov
>
> I convert it to pcm because I'm goint to use oggenc on this.
>
> mplayer -dumpaudio framenointro.avi
> mv stream.dump x
> mplayer -dumpaudio framenomain.avi
> cat x stream.dump > audio.wav
> oggenc -r -o audio.ogg audio.wav

I think you have an extra step here. Rather than using mencoder -oac
pcm, you can just use mplayer -ao pcm. Thus:

mplayer -aid 2 -ao pcm -aofile intro.wav detect_640_dl.mov
mplayer -aid 1 -ao pcm -aofile main.wav detect_640_dl.mov

cat intro.wav main.wav > audio.wav
oggenc -r -o audio.ogg audio.wav

If the wav headers get in your way, using -nowaveheader with mplayer -ao
pcm might work for you.

I haven't actually tried this with that particular source material, but
I think it'll work and save you some time.

-Corey