[MPlayer-users] How to play an XCD?

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Wed Apr 9 14:45:04 CEST 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:04:22 +0200
compisoft at web.de wrote:

> hmm.. It seems to be as if the creators of the xcds I got did
> something wrong, or something different so mplayer can not play
> these cds.

Yes, well it's not like it's an ISO standard or something. Could be
your XCD was made with an old version of the tools, or a new
experimental version, or a complete idiot.

> Do I now have no chance to get the movie file out of the
> xcd?

If there is a movie on there cdfs is probably your last, best hope.

> I tried mounting it with cdfs.. I only see one iso image on the cd
> then, with a size of 700 MB.

I have had success getting a movie off a correct XCD with cdfs. The
trick is to make sure nothing else is running on your machine and
don't touch the keyboard or mouse until the copying is finished.
With luck your machine won't crash until it's done.

Martin