[MPlayer-users] Alsa9 and problem setting periodsize in playlist mode.

Jens Mittag mplayer-users at m00re.de
Wed Apr 9 20:36:20 CEST 2003

Hi!

I've read through the mailinglist and found out, that this problem can
be solved by adding the "-abs 1" or "-abs 3" option at commandline. But
this only works for single files. When I create a playlist, only the
first file in the list is played with sound, the second file again comes
with the error as usual:

   alsa-init: requested format: 44100 Hz, 2 channels, Signed 16-bit
   (Little-Endian)alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: hw:0,0
   alsa-init: unable to set periodsize: Das Argument ist ungültig
   Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
   Audio: no sound

Maybe this has something to do with the GUI, because it seems that the
gui just restarts the mplayer core and misses to pass the abs option a
second time. But that's just a thought, I may be wrong....

Thanks in advance

Jens Mittag