[MPlayer-users] MPEG2

Stefan Bogner linux at bochi.org
Fri Apr 11 03:44:42 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2003 21:32 schrieb D Richard Felker III:

> If they were cut properly, just cat them together.

Yeah, I already tried to "just cat em together"... It doesnt work, as I said,
I am able to watch the "big file" after cat-ing, but I am not able to search
and stuff. The problem is, that even if they are cut properly, every of the
mpeg-files has it´s own header, and when I cat 1.mpg and 2.mpg > out.mpg, my
DVD-Authoring-Software only recognizes 1.mpg, even when I use out.mpg as
source. (Every of the mpg´s got it´s own header i think, so after the first
file is done SpruceUp thinks the whole file is done).

Maybe this would be a nice feature request for mencoder :D

	mencoder -join -of=mpeg2 a.mpg b.mpg -o out.mpg

;-)))

Kind regards and thanks for all the replies :))
Stefan