[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen bug

Jiri Hofman jirihofman at centrum.cz
Sat Apr 12 19:20:58 CEST 2003

Hi,
I feel, I've found a bug in MP 0.90. Or am I doing anything bad?

My config file contains:
fs=no

I launch "mplayer movie.avi".

It is launched in a window. I press "f" to switch to fullscreen mode.
It works. MP in a verbose writes here:

[x11] NET style stay on top ( layer 1 ). Using state
_NET_WM_STATE_STAYS_ON_TOP.
[xv] dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 1600 dh: 1200
[xv-fs] dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 1600 dh: 1200

Now, in fullscreen, I press "q" or the movie ends. The MP is quit.

Now, I launch "mplayer movie.avi" again.

What a surprise, it doesn't run in the window but in fullscreen. When
I want to press "f" to leave fullscreen, it doesn't work. MP in the
verbose mode writes here:

[x11] NET style stay on top ( layer 0 ). Using state
_NET_WM_STATE_STAYS_ON_TOP.
[xv] dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 1600 dh: 1200

When I quit MP and start again, it will run in fullscreen again.

The only way how to switch back to window mode is to launch "mplayer
-fs movie.avi" and then press "f" and then quit MP. MP in the verbose
mode correctly writes here:

[x11] NET style stay on top ( layer 0 ). Using state
_NET_WM_STATE_STAYS_ON_TOP.
[xv] dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 320 dh: 240

After next start, it runs in the window. Until I quit it in fullscreen...

This bug is very unpleasant when I want to use mplayer as a plugin in
Mozilla (using Plugger 4.0). The movie window is not correctly
swallowed into a Mozilla window.

Please, fix it or tell me, where the configuration problem is. I tried
to experiment with -fstype option, but without an effect.

Version 0.90pre9 didn't have this problem.

Thanks, Jiri.