AW: [MPlayer-users] Re: any suggestion to have mplayer"alwayson",waiting for commands?

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Sat Apr 12 19:42:40 CEST 2003

> > > every loop with

> wlso what the
> > >
> > > Ah... :( Is there fbdev:vidix or something?
> >
> > there is, but i am stuck to using -vo vesa:vidix, since i depend on
> > vesa-output to satisfy my vga-tv input. didn't get it to
> display properly
> > with fbdev.
>
> You might just need to set the right timings with fbdev. Maybe try
> 640x480, 59.97 Hz (standard VGA mode 12h) or actual NTSC timings? I
> don't know what you should use if your TV is PAL tho...

thats what i thought as well.. (i actually KNOW it). the problem is, that i
am really not good in math and gave up on the document about calculating the
modeline for that. instead, i tried two tools for automatically computing
these upon given input-values, but both failed. one at least got a picture
together, but strangely it was clowded in a way that it was obviously
depending on the content. never seen such weird thing. the clowds really
looked like an analog distorsion. anyway, i was very happy when findig -vo
vesa:vidix work so extremely well for me that i actually decided not to
tamper with the output settings any further. on the other hand i'd surely
give it a try if somebody came up with a working modeline.
specs are:
640x480 60hz (i believe, although it looks higher to the eye..) , 70hz are
said to work as well
my system btw is pal.

regards
/jc