[MPlayer-users] Is libdha kernelhelper useful?

Bob Cheng hdrhg at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 19:38:40 CEST 2003

Hi:

  When I played a movie file on my VIA EPIA 5000 board with either -vo
fbdev:vidix or -vo vesa:vidix (with root, on Redhat 7.3) or -vo xvidix,
I will always see this error message:

[cyberblade] Found chip: CyberBlade/i1
libdha: DHA kernelhelper open failed: No such device
VIDIX: Description: Trident CyberBlade i1 driver
VIDIX: Author: Alastair M. Robinson <blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk>

But the movie is played anyway. Since I can't make the libdha kernelhelper
on my Redhat 7.3 with the stock kernel, is libdha worth the effort to build
it?

By the way, which one has better performance: fbdev,vesa or xvidix?

Thanks for your kindly help!

Bob Cheng