[MPlayer-users] Is there a way to encode a percentage of the movie?

Roberto Canteri canteri at itc.it
Tue Apr 15 12:33:00 CEST 2003

I'm a newbie to mencoder.  I would like to encode only a small part of my movie and to be more precise, I would like to encode 5 frames for each 100 frames (encode 5 frames and skip 95 then encode the next 5 frames and skip  the next 95.....)and so on.
I've read quite a bit of the website but I did not succed to find how to do this operation. Any suggestion are welcome. Many thanks in advance.
Roberto