[MPlayer-users] how fast should encoding go?

Hans Meine meine at kogs1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Apr 16 19:17:43 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 18:49, Wendy Tromp wrote:
> could you give me the command with all the flags you give to mencoder? For
> some weird reason I encode at about 12 fps when it starts, but it always
> slows down to 1fps, and I have no idea what that could be.....

Did you try if it's mencoder or your whole machine that gets slower? I mean,
did you try other programs (lame/oggenc/a fancy OpenGL game for example),
possibly /proc-data about your CPU or checked the current MHz(/GHz..) by
other means?

I am not the only one who suspects some speedstep-like stuff could be the
problem in your case..

Ciao,
  Hans