[MPlayer-users] rpm install question

Jon Erickson erickson at caltech.edu
Fri Apr 18 14:09:25 CEST 2003

dear all, i am fairly new to the linux and Mplayer world, so please do
not flame me if I'm asking something really silly.

i downloaded the following packages for Mplayer:

mplayer-common-0.90-1.i386.rpm
mplayer-gui-0.90-1.i386.rpm
mplayer-skin-default-1.0-2.noarch.rpm

when i try to install using the command rpm -U or rpm -i i get the
following error:
"error: Failed dependencies:
        mplayer-common = 0.90 is needed by mplayer-0.90-1"

i'm guessing this means i need a prior version of Mplayer and need then
i'll be able to upgrade with the current files i have.  is that
correct?  if so, where do i get the earlier version of mplayer?

thank you in advance for your help,
jon e