[MPlayer-users] Editing divx5 movie

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Apr 20 01:45:25 CEST 2003

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 10:47:48PM +0200, Carsten Schultz wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 08:40:56AM +1200, Matthew and Sarah wrote:
> > I have a divx5 movie, which doesn't quite fit onto an 80 min cd.  Can
>   ^
> > anyone point me to how to shave about 5MB off the back end of the file?
>                ^^
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy infile.avi -o outfile.avi -endpos 700mb

A couple comments...

1, I would try first without -endpos. Lots of broken doze programs
make avi files full of useless junk, bloating the size by as much as
10 megs. So just -oac copy -ovc copy alone might fix it.

2, even if you do have to use -endpos, at least 703 megs can fit on an
80min cd, so -endpos 700mb will cut the file unnecessarily short!

Rich