[MPlayer-users] Mplayer over NFS weirdness

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Apr 20 14:38:42 CEST 2003

Johan Ovlinger wrote:
> Hi!
[SNIP]
> Can anyone suggest what may be going on here?  (Server and client
> running i386 RH 7.3 and 8.0 respectively) Google is ignorant of any
> issues of ?q=mplayer+nfs. Infact it suggests that several others have
> success streaming divx from low end hardware over crappy hardware
> using NFS (and presumably linux).

I use mplayer over NFS all the time, and have never had a single
problem, except for NFS v2 not supporting files >2GB. NFS v3 works fine.

> I'm stumped. Any thoughts appreciated. Perhaps this is a known gcc
> problem (doesn't smell of compiler bug to me, but I'm not a c hacker,
> so I dunno).

You really ought to compile mplayer 0.90 (rc4 is old), and with a
supported version of gcc (2.95 or 3.2). Otherwise, I don't think anybody
will help you. Whether or not your compiler is the problem 2.96 is not
supported at all.

-Corey