[MPlayer-users] encoding vcds on NetBSD

Dave dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Apr 21 07:27:05 CEST 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 frizop at charter.net wrote:

> Dave wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone here had any luck in encoding a vcd from an .mpg file on a
> > NetBSD machine?

> you should be able to get a application called 'vcdrip' or was it
> 'vcdimager' both of which are very nice, and will do just that.. Dunno
> if it works on bsd though.

I was interested in making a vcd of the Starship Exeter file.  I saw a
question here about using mencvcd.  I thought I'd need that, but the
script is littered with Linuxisms and a required component (mjpegtools)
doesn't seem to work correctly on NetBSD.  Fortunately, vcdimager is all
I really needed because the file was in MPEG1 format.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu