[MPlayer-users] Is there a 'startpos' like '-endpos'?

Bradley Rosser b_rosser at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 10:13:14 CEST 2003

Is there an option with mencoder that will allow me to specify a
'start' offset as well as using -endpos to impose an endpoint?

I'm trying to convert my videos into digital-video format so I can download
them to a camcorder.  I can use mencoder to create the digital video - an
AVI file about 9GB in size for a 45-minute movie - but the program I have
to transfer the file down a firewire (IEEE1394) link to the camcorder
will only work with AVI files less than 2GB in size.  I've tried to
use avisplit from transcode but it can't split the mencoder AVI file into
smaller pieces.

I was hoping there might be a way to get mencoder itself to produce
smaller files, by 'chopping up' the source into start/stop segments,
separately encoding each ten-minute piece, for example.

Is there any way I can do this with mencoder?  Otherwise, any other
tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad
b_rosser at yahoo.com