[MPlayer-users] mplayer 0.90 on NetBSD 1.6

Frederick Bruckman fredb at immanent.net
Wed Apr 23 00:38:31 CEST 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Gabor Nyeki wrote:

> I have installed mplayer 0.90 from pkgsrc on a NetBSD 1.6 box.
> Mplayer doesn't want to play any movie longer than - in fact - 0.
> I get the following message:
>   X11 error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
>
>   MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode_video

Just so you know, the developers here usually like to see the full
output of mplayer, so they know what video driver you're using (for
one thing), and what processor you have. So, would you mind appending
that to your reply?

> There was enough memory for mplayer - just like before.
> After a reboot (and a videocard change) everything seemed good, but now,
> 24 hours later, I get that message again when I try to do anything with
> mplayer.

Which video card, and which mplayer video driver are you using? If
you're using the "x11" driver, you may have just run out of shared
memory. (Examine the output of "ipcs -M; ipcs -mob"). The "xv" driver
is a better choice, if XFree86 supports it for your video card, and if
it works. (Try "xvinfo"). In any case, do you really have to reboot,
or does just restarting the X server fix it?

Frederick