[MPlayer-users] animatrix

Guillaume Cocatre-Zilgien spam at cnil.fr
Wed Apr 23 14:25:12 CEST 2003

Jonathan Rogers wrote:

> no sync problems. The huge (1000 x 540) Matrix trailer is too much for
> my Duron 800 to decode smoothly all the way through, so it drops some

Re-encoding it to mpeg4 at a lower bitrate (3Mbps) without noticeable
quality loss allows me to play it smoothly, without a/v sync problem, on
my duron 800 as well as on my PIII-866.

> Another odd thing is that MPlayer-0.90 reports that it's 0.90rc5, though
> I built it from the correct tarball. I guess the define in the source
> must not have been updated. I rebuilt MPlayer before I realized that the
>  reported and actual versions didn't match.

True. I changed it myself in version.sh and repackaged it, just in case
I want to recompile it later and get the right version number showing.

--
Guillaume Cocatre-Zilgien
http://www.skamp.net/