[MPlayer-users] None

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Wed Apr 23 18:06:45 CEST 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Subject: MPlayer on Mac OSX
>
> I'm getting some private requests for help from OSX users trying to
> compile/use MPlayer.  Since I do not run OSX, I cannot help them, but
> I cannot really tell them to RTFM, since our documentation about OSX
>
> So could somebody come up with some short set of instructions/hints
> for OSX that I could add to the manual, please?  Patches as described

	If I can find a supplier of "copious free time" I'll try to
	come up with some hints/tips about getting MPlayer to build/run
	on OS/X

	The problem was not with getting MPlayer to build - that part
	was painless.   Where I ran into difficulties was in the various
	libraries/packages needed (libdv, libfaad2, and so on) - some of
	those are fairly difficult to get built.

	Fortunately libSDL is a 'native OS/X' package so it is not
	necessary to install XFree86.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz