[MPlayer-users] audio lagging behind

Wendy Tromp wendy at snuffel.net
Thu Apr 24 10:20:45 CEST 2003

HI,

I captured a home video from a sony digital camera, and Adobe Premiere tells me that it is 25fps. After encoding the movie (2-pass), the audio lags behind the video, not that much in the beginning but the lag adds up....
The output video is also 25 fps (according to Premiere) and for input and output the sound is 32000 Hz and 16 bit stereo. It seems as if mencoder did all that right, but how come my sound is lagging?

this is my command to mencoder:

mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vpass=1:vbitrate=1400 -oac mp3lame -passlogfile log.log input.avi -o output.avi
and the second pass is the same.

what am i doing wrong?
Wendy