[MPlayer-users] Appending multiple AVI files - PROBLEM

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sat Apr 26 04:20:35 CEST 2003

I---> KB <----I wrote:
> This scrip not work for me
>
> cat 1.avi 2.avi | mencoder -noidx -ovc copy -oac copy -o output.avi -
>
> I can´t join the avi files, please ,any idea .......

Your English is fine, though the word is "script," not "scrip." I'm
quite sure that simply concatentating the raw bytes of AVI files will
not work. Have you tried the "avicat" command, which is part of avifile?
There is also the "avimerge" command, part of transcode, though some
else on the list pointed out that the transcode tools may only work with
transcode-generated AVI's.

Jonathan Rogers