[MPlayer-users] menconder duplicate frames always (NODAEMON)

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sat Apr 26 21:19:07 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> If you start before it finishes, the 'frameno' pass will quickly catch
> up to the ripping and end prematurely. This is bad. You can fix this
> with something like:
>
>   tail -f stream.dump | mencoder - ...

You mean for the audio only encoding pass? I guess you must have a
pretty slow DVD-ROM drive. My cheap one copies the VOB's for a whole
movie in about 15-30 minutes, and the audio encoding typically takes
longer than that. Maybe you have a much faster CPU than I do (quite
likely). Anyway, do whatever works.

Jonathan Rogers