[MPlayer-users] DOWNLOAD PROBLEM

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Apr 26 23:28:28 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I'm using windows 98 first edition, and downloaded the correct mplayer
> for
> it. I think it was 7.1 (not sure} After downloading, it said it needed
> to shut

no. the current version is 0.90.
for win98, you should try the beta builds, from
mplayerhq.hu/MPllayer/releases/win32-beta/

> down windows and restart.  When it restarted it came all the way to a

no, you do not need to restart winblows.

> panel
> that read...............
>                                       PERSONALIZED SETTING
>                                      SETTING UP PERSONALIZED
>                                      SETTINGS FOR:

are you sure you downloaded the right mplayer? :)

> go past this panel.....  I went to safe mode and deleted my download

safe mode? why is it safe? because it works sometimes? :)

> of the player but it did not help......

WTF? you deleted the installer and the problem didn't disappear? oh, dear.
you must reinstall the whole windows, after breaking your PC to parts and
re-touching the parts after. sorry, really sorry. it's life...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team