[MPlayer-users] OGM chapters

gabor gabor at z10n.net
Sat Apr 26 23:52:37 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 21:47, Jonathan Rogers wrote:

> This is changing the topic somewhat, but is there currently any support
> for chapters or subtitles in a Quicktime container? I have been
> wondering if Quicktime would be a better container format than OGM for a
> movie with MPEG4 video and Vorbis audio. Quicktime4Linux/LibQuicktime
> and therefore Xmovie and Cinelerra can deal with such movies. Also, I
> understand that some variant or derivative of the Quicktime container
> format is part of the MPEG4 spec, whereas OGM with MPEG4 video seems to
> be pretty ad hoc, though supported by several players on both *nix and
> Windows.

there are several new container formats under development, the most
complete ( none of them is complete ):

-matroska ( mplayer support is under development ).... don't talk about
this format on this mailing list, this format is d-richard-felker-III
sensei's favourite  :)))

-mpcf (mplayer container format, design complete, implementation doesn't
exist yet, but should be easy to implement)

so basically you will have to wait a little ( a month maybe )

gabor