[MPlayer-users] Appending multiple AVI files - PROBLEM

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sun Apr 27 09:54:09 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Actually, it *should* work, if the files have identical codecs and
> encoding parameters. But YMMV. It's not very reliable.

I have understood that AVI's have an index at the end of the file, which
would interfere with simple concatenation. But, I don't know the
details, so you could be right. It does seem clear that concatenating
VOB's (MPEG Program Streams or Program Element Streams, or something
like that) works, at least from DVD's.

Jonathan Rogers