[MPlayer-users] menconder duplicate frames always (NODAEMON)

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sun Apr 27 09:59:29 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> Well for *me*, the copy would be faster too. But apparently most
> people on this list are using 2ghz athlons or some such nonsense. My
> K6 can do the audio prepass at about 35 fps, so I figure on such a
> fast box it would probably be 150+ fps. At that speed, it might finish
> before the copy.

Yes, on a recent CPU, audio encoding should be able to go at well over
150 fps; my Duron 800 encodes Vorbis audio at around 90 fps (using
transcode, which seems to be inexplicably much more efficient than
piping output from mplayer to oggenc through a FIFO; I suspect the
FIFO's buffer is much too small).

Jonathan Rogers