[MPlayer-users] re-encoding

Jean-Paul Lacquement jplacq at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 1 00:44:12 CEST 2003

Le Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:37:30 +0800
Ross Fawcett <claymen at walan.org> a écrit:

> You sure its not just that your video output device is slow ? what sorta specs
> is the computer your running it on, include cpu, os, kernel, videocard etc.
>
> I say this because weve had dvd res divx's playing on a 266mhz laptop without
> dropping frames in fullscreen (using xv)
>
> worked perfect, till we were late to a lecture.....
>
> - Ross

I own a C500 with a GeForce4(I compiled the module for the kernel), ~320Mo RAM
and I use the svga mode to watch big movies(I think it's faster, isn't it?).

I try:
mencoder -vop scale=512:-2 -o output.avi -oac copy -ovc xvid input.avi
to re-encode and now, everything seems to be okay.

Thanks everybody,
jp