[MPlayer-users] Re: audio title on dvd does not play, possible bug

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sat Aug 2 14:14:15 CEST 2003

matt zagrabelny wrote:
> There are three titles to this disc, the first two are video/audio and
> the third is the set of audio tracks mentioned above. For the chapters
> (which are the audio tracks) of this third title, a still image is
> displayed while the audio is played. So it may be interpreted as a very
> small or even zero length video stream.

I've noticed that mplayer stops as soon as the video stream comes
to an end, even if there is more audio. At least, that's what it
does with Ogg containers. So, that could be the problem if you're
correct about the short video stream.

This is a bug in my opinion. Presumably, movies with mismatched
audio and video track lengths are rare enough that the bug slips
by. Or, maybe it's a basic limitation of mplayer.

Jonathan Rogers