[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 7000 with VESA driver

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Aug 4 06:40:55 CEST 2003

Richard Morey wrote:
>>How do I do this? When I change the driver to fbdev in XF86config says
>>that it can't find /dev/fb0.
> I'm sorry, that was very vague. I get this error when starting X.

Still a bit vague...  Are you saying that the only thing you did was to
change the X video device driver line?  fbdev has nothing to do with X
(although it can use FBDev, just as mplayer can use fbdev).  It's a
feature of the Linux kernel.  There are plenty of docs available on how
to enable it.  Basically, you just need a line like "vga=788" in your
bootloader's options...  You don't need X at all.