[MPlayer-users] Fast recompress

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 21:30:32 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 07:49:39PM -0400, D Richard Felker III wrote:
>Yes, we need volunteers to add mpeg2 encoding support to lavc... And
>perhaps also an alternate rate control engine that's actually capable
>of staying within [s]vcd parameters...

While we are pipe-dreaming, I suspect a more crucial need would be
standard-VCD-compliant MPEG-1 video, MPEG-1-Layer-II audio encoding, and
MPEG stream plexing, with the correct bitrates, buffer sizes,
group-of-pictures esoterica, and so forth.  Wouldn't *that* be nice?
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>