[MPlayer-users] whole list of streams that won't play

Raphael Clifford raphael at clifford.net
Wed Aug 6 17:00:43 CEST 2003

If you go to http://www.defjam.com/jarule/site/music/vid-panel.las#
(which is a slightly funny looking page) and attempt to play any of the
streams they all fail.  This is using

MPlayer dev-CVS-030806-14:50-3.2.2
mplayerplug-in 0.80
redhat 9
LIVE support compiled in.

They seem to fail for different reasons.  The .ram files fail because
mplayer can't seem to work out that they are text files :)   An example
.ram file contains
http://www.islanddefjam.com/www2/av/go.smil?num=4342986014&speed=
I can't see any way to play that from the command line successfully as
whatever I guess is the correct URL mplayer simply tells me its not a
recognised type.

The .wax files fail for some reason I don't understand but it is
probably similar. The .wax files are also text files that contain more
info and an mms:// address. That address then fails if you attempt to
play it by hand by just sitting at the "Caching" stage.

The .mov files also fail and I have no idea why.  I managed to dig
around and find http://www.islanddefjam.com/www2/av/qt.mov which needs
faad. Unfortunately, I have installed a faad2 rpm but configure tells me
it can't find the version number and won't include it. What should I do?

What would be really great is if you could play these files by simply
clicking on their links in any case.

Any help very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Raphael