[MPlayer-users] whole list of streams that won't play

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Wed Aug 6 22:15:59 CEST 2003

Hi!

Let me jump in the middle of the discussion.

On 2003. augusztus 6. 19.03, Raphael Clifford wrote:
> > If you go to http://www.defjam.com/jarule/site/music/vid-panel.las#
> > (which is a slightly funny looking page) and attempt to play any of
> > the streams they all fail.  This is using

> > They seem to fail for different reasons.  The .ram files fail because
> > mplayer can't seem to work out that they are text files :)   An
> > example .ram file contains
> > http://www.islanddefjam.com/www2/av/go.smil?num=4342986014&speed= I
> > can't see any way to play that from the command line successfully as
> > whatever I guess is the correct URL mplayer simply tells me its not a
> > recognised type.

They work for me ; that url points to another text file, which you can wget
and extract the final url from it (ie :
rtsp://a1442.v94997.c9499.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/1442/9499/v001/defjam.download.akamai.com/9499/defjam/jarule/350_ja_thuglovin.rm
)

> > The .wax files fail for some reason I don't understand but it is
> > probably similar. The .wax files are also text files that contain more
> > info and an mms:// address. That address then fails if you attempt to
> > play it by hand by just sitting at the "Caching" stage.

Two things that work for me i) specify port 1755 in the mms url
or ii) use mmst:// instead of mms://

And than it works for me - although ffwmv2 was rather buggy with the clip I
tried.

bye
Denes