[MPlayer-users] Mplayer support for 3GPP MP4 files?

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 20:03:24 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:54:19AM +0200, armin.gerritsen at philips.com wrote:
>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Has anyone tried it with the 3GPP compliant MP4 files that some
>> mobile phones create?
>I just tried the 0.90 release with the Philips MP4 files

(Jeez, what a long URL and it isn't even the right page!)
http://www.digitalnetworks.philips.com/InformationCenter/Global/FArticleSummary.asp?lNodeId=863

>Requested audio codec family [faad] (afm=faad) not available (enable it at
>compilation!)

DOCS/*/codecs.html  tells where to get FAAD.

As far as I can tell, both the 'mp4' files like
http://www.digitalnetworks.philips.com/Assets/Downloadablefile/Concession_1300k-1001.mp4
and the '3gp' files like
http://www.digitalnetworks.philips.com/Assets/Downloadablefile/Concession_128k-1000.3gp
are both just Quicktime in drag, as usual.
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>