[MPlayer-users] trouble playing Sorenson Video 3 (SVQ3) files

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Fri Aug 8 12:19:23 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I'm not sure, but I think SVQ3 support was added to ffmpeg
after the 0.90 release. And mplayer includes it's own version
of ffmpeg so the other one installed on you system does not
matter to mplayer. And generally, the 0.90 release is really
outdated compared to CVS main. Too bad no-one is doing releases
anymore...

So, use CVS to get the latest version of mplayer. And you
will also need to use CVS to get libavcodec from ffmpeg.

The homepage for mplayer (under Download) tells you how
to  use CVS to get mplayer. And the README file in the
distribution tells you all about libavcodec and CVS.

I downloaded a few seconds of the movie and the CVS version
of mplayer + libavcodec plays the movie ok!

Good luck!

/ magnus