[MPlayer-users] Kernel panic when using -vo dxr3 in console mode

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Fri Aug 8 12:59:49 CEST 2003

Hi,

Does anyone know whether it's possible to use the dxr3 video driver when
running in a console? (i.e. without X.)  I'd like to be able to use the dxr3
in overlay mode so I can watch the output on a monitor (not a TV) but when I
try to run it I get a kernel panic as it's about to start playing (I assume
when it initialises the dxr3.)

Is what I'm trying to do possible?  I'm running a framebuffer console, so it
should technically be possible, I was just wondering whether the dxr3 output
driver supports doing this or not?

Thanks,
Adam.