[MPlayer-users] recording from video tapes (a novice question)

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Aug 8 20:44:54 CEST 2003

The problem described below occurs both in zapping and
mplayer/mencoder, installed from packages on Debian unstable.

When watching I see no difference in quality between TV and video tape
playback (at present the analog VCR is connected to the antenna socket)
I can also record the TV broadcast with good quality.

However, when I record the video tape playback, the quality is
unacceptable (there is no sound or it is distorted, video itself is
also distorted). Does anybody else also have this problem? Is there a
known solution?

Best regards

--
                     ,