[MPlayer-users] problem with SVQ1 codec

Apostolos Syropoulos apostolo at ocean1.ee.duth.gr
Tue Aug 12 20:42:43 CEST 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Sycotic Smith wrote:

> Try adding in libavcodec from ffmpeg cvs, it should play this for you fine.
> Of course you will need to recompile mplayer, but read thru the docs on
> how to add it.  Easy enough to do, just must RTFM.

If I get you correctly you mean to include the libray so I can play
the file with -vc ffsvq1, right? If this is what you mean, that I
have bad news: it gives me the same results. BTW, in the directory
/opt/sources/MPlayer-ready/libavcodec
resides the file
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    4417720 Ιούν 15 00:02 libavcodec.a
which I suppose is linked againt mplayer in the end, right? Assuming
that I have understood things correctly, I believe there is something
else that causes the problem. Remember, I am using Solaris 9 x86.
A.S.

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : apostolo at ocean1.ee.duth.gr                        *
*phone num.: +30-2541028704                                    *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *