[MPlayer-users] missing header tags with mencoder/XViD?

HR haavroed at online.no
Wed Aug 13 16:50:30 CEST 2003

It seems to me that when encoding with XViD, the "frame width" and
"frame height" tags are not set. When I encode with e.g. mpeg4 from
lavc, they are set properly. I seem to have this problem with all my
XViD encodings.

Can mencoder set the various AVI -info tags after encoding (without
reencoding anything)? I tried "-oac copy -ovc copy -info ...." hoping
this -might- rewrite the header, but it apparantly didn't. What tool can
I use to do this?

HR