[MPlayer-users] Crash playing certain MKV files

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Aug 16 19:23:20 CEST 2003

Hi.

> 	For some reason playing the latest releases from a certain fansub
> group (duel-audio Matroska container) causes MPlayer to crash. The earlier
> releases didn't, so presumably they are using a newer tools version.
> Unfortunatly, I havn't been able to verify this.

Yes, the current mplayer demuxer needs some work (not much, I'll do that
later this week). It cannot read files created with the latest
VDubMod. You might try to run mkvmerge to re-create the file - maybe
that'll help ('mkvmerge -o fixed.mkv broken.mkv').

> Unfortunatly, the crash seems to cause mplayer to change EIP to NULL,
> so I cannot get a GDB backtrace or disassembly.

No need for a backtrace, I know exactly what's wrong. I'll post a note
when I've fixed it.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)