[MPlayer-users] Redhat gcc bug ?

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 05:49:41 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 04:24:23PM +0300, radus wrote:
>Hello to all
>A friend complained that mplayer couldn't play his mov file
>"bengtanzhang.mov"
>Now on my debian sid, with another cvs this file works perfect...
>I am not saying that this is for sure a rh gcc problem, but it could
>be...

Wouldn't surprise me.  Vendor-made MPlayer binary packages are
notoriously bad for one's health anyway, and I don't think anyone here
recommends actually using them.

For what it's worth, GCC 3.3 with heavy optimisations has given me
segfaults with some packages (MPlayer not being one of them; I already
upgraded, thank you very much).  Version 3.3.1 hasn't given me any such
trouble yet; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>