[MPlayer-users] Own bitrate calculation (Index size predictable?)

Andre Hinrichs hinrichs at mpia-hd.mpg.de
Tue Aug 19 21:27:11 CEST 2003

> DOCS/bugreports.html] On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 05:49:00PM +0200, Andre
> Hinrichs wrote:
>> Does the size of the index directly depend on the number of video
>> frames or  are there more values to deal with?
>
> It should be completely proportional to the length of the movie times
> the nominal framerate. That's the same as the number of frames, except
> that any "duplicate frames" mencoder generates also count towards the
> index size.

Ok, I see that "duplicate frames" also count, but the question is:
Do I really have to deal with the index size or should mencoder do this?
In other cases with smaller output mencoder seams to handle the bitrate
different. I'll start some test to make a full report on this which will
take some days... maybe, it's a bug...

BTW, it's version 0.91

Andre