[MPlayer-users] Re: Problem with mencoder

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Aug 20 01:48:51 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> What do you do with audio during the video encoding passes? You can't
> just use -nosound of A/V sync will be totally broken.
I pass '-oac copy' to mencoder, then ogmmerge has a '-A' option that
discards the audio from the avi file.

> Umm, my drive can't burn more than about 708-710 megs, and I've seen
> my cdrom drive get in a NASTY state when trying to read overburned
> discs larger than this. So I would not recommend it, unless you like
> rebooting or hot-resetting cdrom drives...
>
> Rich
Hmm...  That's interesting to hear, but I've never seen anything like
it, and I have experience with literally hundreds upon hundres of
CD-ROMs, spaning over 2-dozen brands, and I have yet to run into one
that didn't work with any CDs I've overburned (although I typically stay
below 715MB).

I don't know what to tell you, I've got to go with my own experience.
Of course, if one in a million CD-ROMs can't read it, it's really not
the end of the world for me.