[MPlayer-users] Re: Which TV card ?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Aug 21 15:51:01 CEST 2003

Hi!

POSITIVE NEWS:
I got the Hauppauge WinTV Express a few minutes ago. Unpacking, plugging in,
starting SuSE 8.2, and I was told that a new (Hauppauge!) was found. Two
minutes later I had 32 channels found and I can look TV.

I can highly recommend this card It is _cheap_ and works really out of the
box, without any driver tweaking.

I wanted to give this feedback for others who try the same. Hope this helps
other to not do the same mistakes.

Now I will start to find a good solution for recording TV. xawtv creates two
files (video and audio), but I never got a working playback.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch