[MPlayer-users] Re: Which TV card ?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Aug 21 16:22:08 CEST 2003

On 21 Aug 2003, Erik Slagter wrote:
| That is because it is supported. Your previous card is not supported.
| However it features a better quality adc.
|
| So instead of switching to a less quality card you might also have
| switched to another brand of SAA713* card which actually is supported
| (like Terratec).
|
| That's what I'd recommend ;-)

Yes. You possibly _meant_ that, but why didn't you _write_ that? ;-)
Would have been perfect to receive something like: "Use a Terratec XYZ" and
everything will work fine... Would have saved me a from long tapping in the
dark.

Anyway, now I have a working card, and the image doesn't look such bad. I also
tried meanwhile to record something to disk with xawtv, but I am very unsafe
what I do. I get big files for video and audio, but I have no idea what to do
with them.
Trying kWinTV gives no result. I get a file named video0.avi, but it cannot be
played.

Could somebody give me a step-by-step instruction how to record a bit of TV?
(Or point me to a description which can easily be understood?)

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch