[MPlayer-users] WMV Screen capture codec

Jean-Yves Simon lethalwp at tiscali.be
Thu Aug 21 22:35:51 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 17:13, Michael Perkhofer wrote:

> We are just finding out, what's the best solution, to produce Multilanguage
> Videos of Screen Capturing. Using MS Media Encoder 9 we can produce nice and
> lossless videos files, at very high compression rates, using the WMV
> Screencapturing codec Series 9.

> Thanks a lot in advance for your testing! Perhaps you have some ideas, how
> an intelligent choice of codec and container would look like, to play the
> files on as many platforms as possible and to use as low proprietary
> technology as possible.

low proprietary? Then you shouldn't use wmv, but ffmpeg or xvid for
video compression

To answer your question, the ogm stream -aid 1 and -aid 2 plays fine

the avi too, but has no secondary audio channel

the wmv doesn't play because of an unknown audio format?

Cannot find codec for audio format 0xA.
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x3253534D.

--
Jean-Yves Simon <lethalwp at tiscali.be>