[MPlayer-users] quicktime codec 0x53504238

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Fri Aug 22 16:09:25 CEST 2003

On 2003.08.22 02:54, Ryan Underwood wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>
> Hi,
>
> This movie:
> http://dbz.icequake.net/share/full9ironswing.mov
>
> does the following when played under mplayer.  I noticed a previous
> post
> about this codec on mplayer-users, but I thought it would help for
> mplayer team to have an example video.

Thanks fot the sample, This file is fourcc 8BPS with 8bpp, while all
othes samples i have are 24bpp. So looks like we have (at least) two
different versions of this codec.

Now i'm back from holydays, so i'll start implementing it (i already
have docs on the format).

BTW, you should upgrade to 0.91 (from your output you're using 0.90),
it has a lot of bugfixes. If you want new features (like this decoder,
when implemented) you should use CVS version, since we won't backport
new stuff to 0.90 branch.

> Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253

Ciao,
  Roberto