[MPlayer-users] replacement for -vop pp=0x20000

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Aug 23 09:09:34 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 12:22:34PM +0200, Magnus Damm wrote:
> I use "-vf halfpack" when I watch interlaced DVD:s.
> TFM tells me that it should eat little CPU which fits me perfect.

vf_halfpack is definitely wrong for this; it will not deinterlace the
chroma channel... This will be ok when doing tv capture from bttv
(since the broken driver only captures one field of chroma anyway),
but it will leave ugly interlacing with dvd's. One way to get
super-low-cpu (but somewhat ugly) deinterlacing is -vf field=0, which
just throws away the bottom field entirely. Of course if you want it
to actually look decent, -vf pp=lb or pp=fd is your best bet.

Rich