[MPlayer-users] dvd through samba

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Aug 24 20:11:07 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Friday, 15 August 2003, Dragón wrote:
> I am a beginner with mplayer and I am fighting with it to get played a
> movie on a dvd which is in another win98  machine, using samba.
>
> I am trying to test if I can really watch dvd in linux. I have region 1
> and region 2 dvds but my first atempt wasn't successful.
>
> Perhaps it is important that it cannot see any CSS, and also after 19.50
> cache aproximately, the ethernet card keeps working but mplayer stay
> hours not doing anything.

I used a similar setup to play (just copied from the disc) DVDs from SMB
mounted directories quite succesfully on a few occassions.
I simply used
mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device /path/to/mounted/dvd/ ...(other options)...

Of course, NFS link between two Linux boxen works *much* better.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/