[MPlayer-users] feature request: p4 northwood: cpuid detect doesn't work (just commented :)

Roman Shiryaev mih_val at mail.ru
Mon Aug 25 02:34:38 CEST 2003

Hello,

I've just compiled from scratch the latest mplayer-0.91 (not from
CVS) on p4 northwood. So, i see, that cpuid of my CPU just
commented in MPlayer-0.91/cputable.h  and mplayer writes
CPU: Intel  bla-bla   only :)  and not such as Intel P4 bla-bla

$ grep -in northwood cputable.h
124:                            /* XXX 0.13╣m P4 Northwood ??? */

Of cause, I've modified (uncomment ) it and everything is ok now.
So, if it's possible, please, fix it in the next release.

PS

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 2411.661
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep
mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2
ss ht tm
bogomips        : 4810.34

processor       : 1

--