[MPlayer-users] replacement for -vop pp=0x20000

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Aug 25 06:48:25 CEST 2003

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 11:41:20AM +0200, Erik Slagter wrote:
> > > I vote for pp=md!
>
> > Yes, I should have too; I forgot about it. pp=md is probably the most
> > "correct" of the deinterlacers; all the others either throw away lots
> > of information, or make ghosts or blurs.
>
> Well I don't know _exactly_ how the various de-interlacers work, but
> this one just yields much better results than the other ones.
>
> With my previous grabber card (bt848 based) the chroma information of
> the odd/even fields was slightly "shifted" so I had to use the linear
> blend deinterlacer. Well this is indeed something like "divide the
> resolution by two".

Nope, linear blend only decreases the 'resolution' by one or two
lines. BTW, if you're capturing from BTTV, be sure to use yuy2 mode to
capture. The bttv driver's yv12/i420 modes does NOT work; it throws
away the bottom field of chroma rather than giving you interlaced
chroma, which means that the chroma planes will not line up with the
luma, before or after deinterlacing...

Rich